Dubai Visa: How to apply for a Dubai Visa
The Dubai visa is classified into the following categories based on its purpose, pleasure and duration of stay. The types of visas are:
- Tourist visa: The tourist visa is divided into two: 14 days Dubai tourist visa and 30 days Dubai tourist visa. The 14-day tourist visa permits tourists to stay in Dubai for 14 days. The visa is valid for 60 days from the date of issuance.
The 30-day tourist visa allows tourists to stay in Dubai for 30 days. However, the visa is only valid for two months, and visitors can stay for an additional 10 days for a fee.
- Transit visa: The transit permit for Dubai is provided if you are flying to another country from Dubai International Airport and will only be in the country for a few days. This type is available in two durations: 48-hour and 96-hour transit.
How to apply for a Dubai Visa
Ordinary passport holders are not granted visas by the UAE embassy in India. The applications require a sponsor, which is obtained through the assistance of Dubai-based airlines, travel agencies, or hotels. These groups apply for your visa to the official authority in Dubai on your behalf. The steps for applying Dubai visa are:
- Once you’ve determined what type of visa you want, you must submit this information to your OTA so that they can provide you with a quotation.
- Fill out the Dubai visa application form and submit it.
- Before submitting upload additional documents that will improve your chances of getting the visa.
- You can pay the visa processing cost and the agent’s commission for your Dubai Visa application online using Net Banking, a credit card, a debit card, or an e-wallet.
Always present accurate information as well as actual papers. If your application is incorrect, you may be denied a visa. This might prevent you from applying for a visa in the future.
Documents required for a Dubai visa
- All visa applicants must have a standard passport that is valid for at least six months beyond their expected arrival date in Dubai. If you are applying online, you will need a scanned colour copy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- A copy of your filled visa application form.
- Two passport-sized photos, the photo provided shouldn’t be older than six months.
- You must provide travel documentation that includes your departure date, a copy of your airline ticket, hotel reservations, vaccination certificate, and travel insurance.
- Women under the age of 24 who travel alone must need a NOC from their father or husband.
How to check Dubai visa status
There are several ways to verify your Dubai visa status. If you applied through an airline, you may check the progress of your application using their portal. In the same manner, travel agencies allow you to follow the status of your booking. You may also inquire about the status by sending an email to the agency or airline or hotel. If you applied through one of the Dubai visa application centres, you may follow your application by entering your reference number and passport expiration date on their website.